|One of the things this year has reminded us is that our faith doesn’t guarantee an easy, carefree life. One could make the case that faithfully following God is a bumpy road full of potholes that go by the name of trials, pain, and hardships. The other thing we can say about this year so far is that more people are finding comfort and strength from those Bible verses about faith and trust.|
COVID-19 and Black Lives Matter protests underscore the harsh truth that we live in a broken world. There are mountains and valleys, and sometimes life is just way too much to bear. I don’t know why God allows bad things to happen to good people, but this is what I do know:
1. God’s heart is breaking right along with yours. He hurts WITH you, and he knows your pain.
2. No matter what pain comes against you in this world, God has already redeemed it. There IS beauty in the unknown, even when the unknown feels like your world is crashing down around you.
Turn to the God of all comfort. Turn to the One who provides peace that passes all understanding.
1. Psalm 91:4 “He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings, you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”
2. Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
3. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
4. Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
5. 2 Corinthians 5:7 “For we live by faith, not by sight.”
6. Isaiah 43:2 “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.”
7. Psalm 62:1-2 “My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from Him, He alone is my rock and my salvation.”8. Psalm 91:4 “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.” 9. Psalm 145:18-19 The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.
10. John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
11. 2 Thessalonians 3:16 “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.”
12. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
13. Matthew 21:21 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
14. 1 John 5:5 “Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.”
15. Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
Whether you find yourself in the depths of a valley or atop a mountain in this cycle of life today, may these Bible verses about faith in hard times be what you need to be lifted up! (So, if you find one that speaks to you or you have a favorite, let me know, I’d love to hear from you!!)
With all of the Bible verses about faith out there, it can be hard to find and study every single one of them. Each is used by God to speak differently to every individual. It’s important to remember that true faith is not blind faith. TRUE faith comes from placing our faith in what we believe is reasonably demonstrated truth. For Christians, this truth is primarily supported through scripture.
Faith is not blind, but incredibly vibrant thanks to the teachings of the Lord, and the Bible verses about faith that He left for us. Dig into the Word today,
|Dear God, thank you that you are my strength and companion as I tread through waters deep and unknown. In Jesus’ name, Amen.|
Music: Give Me Jesus. Youtube link: https://youtu.be/9rZ8k9m2hwo
Words of Comfort